LLANFECHAIN HORTICULTURAL SHOW AND SPORTS COMMITTEE

General Meeting – 3rd April, 2017

PRESENT: Dick Row – Chair, June Row – Minutes, Elizabeth Yorke, Derek Ward, Gwyneth Watkin, Rebecca Durston-Wright, Rvd. Emma Rees.

APOLOGIES: David Shillito, Lynne Morley, Richard Ellis, Alison Alexander.

WELCOME: Dick welcomed everyone.

MINUTES: Minutes of the meeting held on 11th Jan, 2017 were read and signed.

MATTERS ARISING:

The Book Fair had been a success and we had raised over £200.

Elizabeth had been in touch with the Insurance Co and they advised that no specific first aid cover was required as the site was easily accessible. June had spoken to Russell who was willing to provide cover on the day. It was suggested that the First Aid Station be situated at the top gate, everyone agreed.

June had seen Mervyn Annetts who spoke of presenting a trophy in memory of Trudie. June to contact him with suggestions.

PRESIDENT: Jason Kendrick- Jones has agreed to be the President for 2017 and will help organise the President’s Evening.

JUDGES: Most of the Judges were now finalised with just the Photography and Children’s Art & Craft outstanding.

SCHEDULE: The Secretaries have more or less completed the classes and the art, photography and craft has been publicised.

Margo is organising to go into School again to do Art Workshops with the children.

Nita has agreed to do the compilation of the schedule once again.

The Secretaries to meet again to complete the competitions and make a start on the advertisers.

FUNDRAISING: A Cheese & Wine Evening has been booked for Saturday 20th May when the speaker will be David Lock, head gardener at Chirk Castle. Elizabeth to contact the Cheese Factory and Gwyneth to draw up a food list. Dick to apply for license.

Another Cheese & Wine evening has been booked for September 23rd when Mike Donkin and Scholars & Gentlemen will be performing another of their very popular musical evenings.

We will have another Book Fair in October which will complete the fundraisers for 2017.

Dick is planning to submit a grant application to A4AW.

ATTRACTIONS: Local Welsh Folk band Teulu have been booked and June has confirmed the bookings with Jester and Animal Man.

Kaleidoscope where unable to attend but June has contacted a dance group as an alternative but has yet to receive a reply.

Dave has booked Hawk man Paul Melton.

A Bouncy Slide had been booked after a Stallfinder enquiry.

The Boat Club haven’t been contacted yet but did hope to return.

A.O.B. June to contact the Valley Art & Craft Group.

Dick asked Revd. Emma whether the Church were considering any Fringe activities. It was agreed that one purpose of the Show was to showcase our beautiful village and it’s Church, School and Pub. Emma to make enquiries and meanwhile also booked a Church stall.

Date of next meeting – Tuesday 12th June

Date of next Secretaries meeting Thursday 13th April

The meeting closed at 8.30pm