LLANFECHAIN SHOW
Home The Next Show  Diary Attractions Supporters Photo Gallery Helping / Contact Us  

LLANFECHAIN HORTICULTURAL SHOW AND SPORTS COMMITTEE

General Meeting – 8th August, 2018

PRESENT: Sam Marshall – Chair, June Row – Minutes, Rick Warburton – Treasurer, Elizabeth Yorke, Derek Ward, Dick Row, Angela Reilly, Dave Shillito, Gwyneth Watkin, Iwan Jones.

APOLOGIES Rebecca Durston-Wright

WELCOME: Sam welcomed everyone.

MINUTES: Minutes of the meeting held on 27th June, 2018 were accepted and signed.

MATTERS ARISING:

The 100 Club numbers were now available for sale and feature on the website. The Community Shop have agreed to sell them and have been very helpful.. Rick asked if the Committee could be pro-active in selling.

FINANCES: Rick asked June if she would help decide the monies needed for Show Day. They agreed to meet up. We had received £300 from LCC. Rick has written to thank them. The Village Hall Committee has approached Rick and asked for £125 per year towards the costs of producing the Newsletter as the Show had not contributed for 3 years. June pointed out that the costs of producing the newsletter would be far cheaper if printed in Oswestry. Dick commented that a lot of the articles from the Show in the newsletter constituted news rather than advertising. He proposed that we should pay £5 for any advertising of events as other village organisations do. Seconded by Derek, all in favour. Sam to speak to Nita with our views.

STEWARDS: Rebecca and June were working on arranging the stewarding but were finding it very difficult to find enough willing people. There was certainly no-one who was willing to serve the stewards and judges food. June suggested that we set up a self-service space in the hospitality tent and proposed that we purchase two hot water dispensers. All agreed that this was the way forward.

FUNDRAISING: Dick has applied for the licence for the Musical Evening in September. June has advertised it in the Chronicle and on “Where Can We Go” so far. We decided to go with the tapas trays again. Elizabeth to contact Arla re cheese and we would sort the rest of the food out after the Show. It was decided to hold another Book Fair on the 4th October if the Hall was free. Dick said he would need help transporting the books. Iwan reported that he was having trouble booking an  Entertainer for President’s Evening. It was suggested that he try for a DJ.

CATERING: June has failed to secure a hog roast and has informed the Friends of the School that they are the sole caterers on the field. As they are not serving hot drinks. June will contact Ivor so he is prepared for extra sales. The School have all obtained hygiene certificates.

ATTRACTIONS: The Mid-Wales Model Boat Club has confirmed they are attending again, Richard is willing to organise the waterway. June has rung James Jones-Perrott re straw. June to speak to Nick the Jester and then draw up the Programme for the day.

SHOW WEEKEND:  Dick reported that the marquees would probably be erected on Thursday and Friday. It was agreed to meet as usual at 10am on Saturday morning to start the preparations.

A.O.B. June reminded everyone that we would all need to be there on the Wednesday Evening for Entries Night. Dick has spoken to Wayne and he has agreed to service the Generator prior to the Show. Gwyneth asked about the table covering. Dick to pursue. Sam spoke about Games for the children on Show Day. Tony and Gill to organise. Iwan suggested a tug-of-war. June pointed out that the Dog Show area will be free at the time proposed.

Sam asked about the Insurance which Elizabeth has obtained. June to display the Certificate and up-dated Risk Assessment

Date of next meeting – Wednesday 8th November