LLANFECHAIN HORTICULTURAL SHOW

AND SPORTS COMMITTEE

General Meeting – 9th August, 2017

PRESENT: Dick Row –, June Row – Minutes, Elizabeth Yorke, Derek Ward, Sam Marshall, Issidy Hafner.

APOLOGIES: Rebecca Durston-Wright, Dave Shillito & Lynne Morley, Gwyneth Watkin

WELCOME: Dick welcomed everyone.

MINUTES: Minutes of the meeting held on 19th June, 2017 were accepted and signed.

MATTERS ARISING:

To be covered under individual topics.

FINANCES: Dick reported that the grant application to A4AW has been successful and he was congratulated on his success. He reported that we were still waiting the official confirmation and then we could go ahead with publicity. It had been slightly delayed by having to answer further questions.

June reported that we had now set up internet banking.

She went on to explain that since Gwyneth’s resignation as Business co-ordinator the Secretaries had taken on the job between them and had decided to put together a system to enable invoices etc to be sent by email to make it simpler for all parties and to include a bank to bank payment ability if desired. It was felt that to be able to access the account by internet would facilitate this. Elizabeth has worked hard putting this system together supported by Nita and hopefully it will be much easier for next year.

Thanks to Nita & Rebecca for compiling the schedule.

STEWARDS: June is working on approaching stewards but the job has been made very difficult due to key people being away and following the sad loss of Meirion. New people are being approached and hopefully it will come together.

It had been decided to do a display of Show photographs and Rebecca is putting together a questionnaire to try and attract new volunteers.

FUNDRAISING: Two fundraisers are already booked with the Scholars & Gentlemen returning with a new concert on the 23rd September and a Book Fair on October 5th. The catering for the Concert will be tapas trays again which had worked very well last year. Gill has offered to help with the food again. Dick to apply for the licence.

Thanks to Mike Donkin for putting the Show together and also for doing the publicity in the Chronicle at short notice.

Issidy commented on the amount of work to bring the books from June & Dick’s to the hall but Dick explained that Richard and Barry kindly help with the transporting.

CATERING: June has spoken to Clare but she is yet to confirm.Christine Kingsley-Rowe has agreed to help with the catering for the stewards but with Ann on holiday a replacement is needed.

ATTRACTIONS: The Mid-Wales Model Boat Club is attending again and Richard is willing to organise the waterway.

A bouncy castle and an Ice Cream van have been booked via Stallfinder which has proved very useful. June has received her first contact via WhereCanWeGo but unfortunately the email contact was incorrect.

As yet June has not managed to contact Nick the Jester but reported that communication can sometimes be difficult as he does many Shows.

SHOW WEEKEND:

Dick reported that the marquees would probably be erected on Wednesday and Thursday and chairs and tables would arrive on Friday. It was agreed to meet as usual at 10am on Saturday morning to start the preparations.

A.O.B.

June reported that Ian and Elaine of the Plas yn Dinas were willing to provide lunches for the judges again this year. Elizabeth to contact.

Dick has seen Jason the President since his accident and he is now mostly recovered. He along with Sarah is working very hard to organise and promote the President’s evening.

June enquired about entrance labels has she hasn’t found any remaining ones as yet. Dick to follow up.

Derek confirmed that the website was all up to date and June complimented him on the front page. He will add the details of the grant support as soon as we can.

Support from Llanfechain Community Council has also been received.

Date of next meeting – Wednesday 8th November

The meeting closed at 8.20pm