LLANFECHAIN HORTICULTURAL SHOW

AND SPORTS COMMITTEE

General Meeting – 15th March, 2016


PRESENT:  David Shillito – Chair, June Row – Minutes, Sue Combes – Treasurer, Lynne Morley, Elizabeth Yorke, Derek Ward, Gwyneth Watkin, Dick Row.

APOLOGIES:     Rebecca Durston-Wright, Gwynne Owen, Issidy Hafner and Alison

WELCOME: Dave welcomed everyone.

MINUTES:  Minutes of the meeting held on 11th Jan, 2016 were read and signed.

MATTERS ARISING: The Book Fair had been a success and we had raised over £300.  Dick has been in touch with the Owl Sanctuary and although the volunteer he spoke to was keen to come he has yet to hear from the Chairman of the society. June has emailed Jester and will give him a call sometime in the future. Sue had spoken to the Plas and they had offered the menu from the Farmers Bar for a meal.  It was decided that it was probably a bit late in the day and perhaps more than volunteers would want to pay.  Perhaps after this year’s show.

PRESIDENT: Alan Jukes has agreed to be the President for 2016 and will help organise the President’s Evening.  June has spoken to Aled.

JUDGES:  Progress with the search for Judges has been made and the Secretaries hope to complete at their next meeting.

SCHEDULE:       The secretaries have more or less completed the classes and the art, photography and craft has been publicised. Margo is organising to go into School again to do Art Workshops with the children and is providing wonderful sheets of artwork for the colouring competition. Nita has agreed to do the compilation once again. Gwyneth will begin work on the advertising after Easter.

FUNDRAISING:  A Cheese & Wine Evening has been booked for Saturday 4th June with Mike Donkin’s singers. It was agreed to try and have a really good raffle and advertise for prizes via the newsletter.  As the School were planning a Promise Auction in May it was felt that we would wait until the Autumn for any more fundraisers.  We will have another Book Fair in October. Gill had forwarded details of another grant provider but Dick didn’t feel that it was suitable.  We hope to manage without grant funding this year and rely on the President’s Evening and our other fundraisers.  Good weather on Show Day would help so here’s hoping.

ATTRACTIONS: Dick had booked the band who are the Pigsfoot String Band. They play blue grass type music and are lively and fun.  Dave and Lynne had listened to them on u-tube and liked them. Derek to put something on the website. The Family History workshop with Derek & Jan will be returning this year and Maureen Preen is also going to do workshops with her spinning and weaving.  June to speak to Margo and Lindsey to see if they were returning this year. Gwyneth commented that Lindsey had attracted people for her sessions in the hall by doing the workshops last year. We are hoping that the bungee will return as it was very popular.  Dave asked if the go-karts would be coming. June & Dick to contact. Sue to bring a giant Connect 4. June had been approached by the hill-climb club from Loton Park about coming so she would follow-up. The Secretaries are planning a display to celebrate the 50th Anniversary and Margo is to provide artwork

A.O.B.  Lynne has ordered the Show Badges. June to speak to the Plas about Judges lunches. June to contact the Valley Art & Craft Group.



Date of next meeting – Tuesday 17th May

Date of next Secretaries meeting Wed 6th April

The meeting closed at 8.20pm