LLANFECHAIN HORTICULTURAL SHOW

AND SPORTS COMMITTEE

General Meeting – 22nd March, 2018


PRESENT: Dick Row – Chair, June Row – Minutes, Rick Warburton – Treasurer, Gwyneth Watkin, Rebecca Durston-Wright, Alison Alexander.

APOLOGIES: Sam Marshall, David Shillito, Elizabeth Yorke, Angela Reilly, Derek Ward.


WELCOME: Dick explained that he was standing in for Sam who was away.

Sadness was expressed at the death of Lynne Morley who had worked so hard over the years for the Show.

MINUTES: Minutes of the meeting held on 10th Jan, 2018 were agreed and signed.

MATTERS ARISING:

The Book Fair had raised over £90 despite the snow.

A meeting with the School committee needed to be arranged to discuss the catering for the Show.

FINANCES: Rick reported that he has received £210.50 since the AGM from the Book Fair and Cake Weighing and 3 outstanding Advertisers. Gwyneth to chase the remaining outstanding invoices.

PRESIDENT: Dick has approached candidates for Show President and is waiting for a reply but he has hopes of it being positive.

JUDGES: All but one of the Judges is finalised.

SCHEDULE: The Secretaries are well on with the production of the Schedule and should be completed at the next Secretaries meeting on the 5th April.

Margo is going into School again this year with an Art Project for the Schedule.

The colour chosen for this year is orange.

FUNDRAISING: Rick has looked into starting a 100 Club and we don’t need a licence to run one. It was agreed to proceed.

Alison is to approach a speaker for a possible Cheese & Wine evening in May.

Another Cheese & Wine evening has been booked for September 22nd when Mike Donkin and Scholars & Gentlemen will be performing another of their very popular musical evenings.

We will have another Book Fair in October.

Rick to look into a grant application.

ATTRACTIONS:The band the Hicksters from Aberystwyth have been booked

and Kaleidoscope have confirmed they will be attending.

June has been approached by a Bouncy Castle and Sideshow provider who has confirmed his attendance.

A Go-kart attraction has also expressed an interest.

June will speak to Nick the Jester after Easter to arrange other attractions.

We have yet to speak to Mike of the Model Boat Club who are very popular.

A.O.B. Alison wondered if we could encourage the Catering Providers to use recyclable cups. She agreed to make enquries and inform the School committee of suppliers.

Date of next meeting –Thursday 3rd May.

Date of next Secretaries meeting Thursday 5th April


The meeting closed at 8.15pm